Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Laptop WIFI booster or Mobile Internet Package?

Question by zabeonline: Laptop WIFI booster or Mobile Internet Package?
I am currently staying in rented accommodation for 6 months. The premises (room sharing within house) I stay in has internet access but the router is quite far away from my room (upstairs and also has thick walls) meaning that I either get no signal or get an extremely low signal. Now as I use the internet quite frequently for work and leisure am I better off getting a USB style booster that would enable ny laptop to geta good wireless signal from the router, or should I sign up with a mobile internet provider? Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated. Thanks.

Best answer:

Answer by Andy
You can’t really “boost” it like you’re saying. You could get an access point and put that midway between your part of the place and the router… Those mobile cards usually have caps on the bandwidth though, like 5gb a month.

What do you think? Answer below!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment