Friday, December 23, 2011

Q&A: How do wireless routers work with regard to my PS3?

Question by nitrous: How do wireless routers work with regard to my PS3?
I have an 80GB PS3 and want to be able to go online. Can I use a wireless router to do this? And if so, do I have to have a wireless connection or will the wireless router pick up my DSL connection?

Best answer:

Answer by Arminator
If your Wireless Router has a built in DSL Modem, then you will just need the Wireless LAN Router.

Connect it to your DSL Line, and use your PC to configure the router (i.e. set a passkey for your WLAN security).

Then let the PS3 scan for WLAN devices, and let the PS3 find your new router.

Enter the Passkey from above, and your PS3 is online.

When you are about to buy a new WLAN router, make sure the router supports UPnP (don’t confuse UPnP with Plug’n'Play from USB devices or the likes).

What do you think? Answer below!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment