Saturday, December 24, 2011

Q&A: If I have 2 wireless routers do they both have to have a modem?

Question by Daindude: If I have 2 wireless routers do they both have to have a modem?
Yeah I have 2 wireless G routers. One is plugged in to a modem. The reason why I have another because some things I can’t plug in to the router cause it’s in a different room. The other modem is a Wireless access point.

Best answer:

Answer by roadster9879
no.

If they are set up correctly, the far router should be able to transfer data to the one on the modem. you may have to contact your router manufacturer help desk to have them help you with the proper settings. If you have a Belkin or a Linksys router, they will give you help at their web site, or over the phone, 24/7.

You are definately on the right track. It should work.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment