Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Q&A: Wireless Router Question?

Question by Ice: Wireless Router Question?
I have one of Netgear’s N300 routers, and I am just wondering if one of Netgear’s N600 routers would provid a longer range in the wireless signal. If not, I need to find a a way to enhance the wireless signal to provide a wider distance internet access. I currently own a Netgear WNR2000 router, which contains internal antennas, so I am at a loss on how to connect an external antenna to provide the range needed. Any help you can provide would be extremely helpful!

Best answer:

Answer by David E
Put one of these http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=netgear+wireless+extender&x=0&y=0 wireless range extender about halfway between the farthest point and the router. It picks up the signal then rebroadcasts it.

What do you think? Answer below!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment